Spring Break is coming up and I know that my hometown is a huge vacation spot! Growing up in San Diego was amazing and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. There are so many amazing spots in SD, but of course I have my favorite places that tourists might not know about! So lets dive in.
My top five favorite restaurants in San Diego (in no particular order) are:
- Don Bravo 5504 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037. This place has the most amazing tacos you will ever have.
- Pernicano’s Family Restaurant 1588 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92021. I actually worked here all throughout high school and it is still the best pizza that I have ever had.
- Barbusa 1917 India St, San Diego, CA 92101. Barbusa’s carbonara is phenomenal. If you are in Little Italy you have to try it.
- Juicers 243 N Coast Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA 92075. Juicers is perfect for grabbing a acai bowl and then enjoying it on the beach. They also have the best smoothies in the world.
- Cheba Hut 4651 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109. Cheba Hut Toasted Subs is amazing! Their Kush Sub is my favorite.
- Hash House A Go Go . I am aware that this is number six, but the biscuits and gravy at Hash House are too good to not mention.
My favorite beach spots are:
- San Elijo State Beach 2050 S Coast Hwy 101, Cardiff, CA 92007 (defs my favorite camping spot of all time)
- Windansea Beach San Diego, CA 92037
- Pacific Beach 4500 Ocean Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
- Silver Strand State Beach 5000 CA-75, Coronado, CA 92118
- Del Mar 1658 Coast Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
My favorite coffee shops:
- Goldfish Point Cafe 1255 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Public Square 8278 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Pipes Cafe
- The Living Room
- Fig Tree Cafe
Tourist spots that are actually really cool:
- Hotel Del
- USS Midway 910 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
- Balboa Park 1549 El Prado, San Diego, California
- Seaport Village West Harbor Drive and Pacific Highway, San Diego, California
- Presidio Park 2811 Jackson St, San Diego, CA 92110
My Favorite Hikes:
- Torrey Pines 12600 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
- La Jolla Trail 9883 La Jolla Farms Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sunset Cliffs Coastal Trail San Diego, CA 92107
- El Monte Park Trail 15805 El Monte Rd, Lakeside, CA 92040
- Secret Stairs 8019 Windsor Dr, La Mesa, CA 91941 (I know this isn’t a hike but I feel that it counts lol)
Let me know your favorite SD spots! Thank you for reading!