21 in 21 years
This year has been the craziest year for me yet. So much has changed in my life and it’s all been amazing . So far I think the key to life has been to just go with it. Anything that I want to chase, I just do it. It’s always scary and it’s always hard, but it truly ends up being worth it. I’m so excited for the future. Without further ado, 21 life lessons from my 21 years of life.
1. Stop waiting for things to “calm down.” Stop thinking that your life will magically get better once you get that job, car, find the one, or make more money. Challenges come with every phase of life. Embrace them, you’ll miss them in the future.
2. Work is something that you fit in between life, not the other way around.
3. Makeup is nothing without a good base to lay on. Invest in your skincare products & facials.
4. You’ll find about 3-5 people outside of your blood family that will be there for you through anything. Take good care of those people.
5. Don’t cover up acne with makeup….just let it be.
6. Invest in underwear. Don’t keep uncomfortable undies around, toss them.
7. Wear sunscreen everyday.
8. Serums are literal drops of magic.
9. Go to the grocery store when you’re hungry. This way when you’re hungry at home, everything will sound good and you’ll save money not eating out.
10. Follow your dreams, it’s not that hard. It’s just scary, you can get over fear.
11. You grow as a person when you’re in uncomfortable situations. Embrace them and face them head on.
12. Eye masks (sleeping) are the best thing in the world.
13. Get a dog, just trust me on this one.
14. Know when and where to set boundaries and learn to stick to them.
15. Your character and education are the only two things in this world that can never be taken away from you. Work on both, every day.
16. Everything happens for a reason.
17. God has a plan, give all your trust to him and life will work itself out.
18. When you meet “the one,” learn to pick your battles. Fight for them, not against them.
19. Hand wash anything that advises you to. It’s not just a suggestion.
20. Whenever you’re overwhelmed by the negative, take a moment and say aloud every positive thing and person you have in your life.
21. There isn’t one thing in this life that you can’t overcome. You are in charge of your life and everything in it.